Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Favorite Finds - September 2019


School started officially this week, and man...if the rest of the year is like the past few days, 2019 is going to disappear fast! It's been a great start though, and I'm excited to see what the rest of the year will bring.

I have some fun things for you today - a kind of a roundup of things I've been loving lately :). The first one was actually taken from another blog post, which you should definitely go and read! I included the link here to The Little Duckwife.


1. Scripture Trick

Okay, this is the most amazing thing ever to me right now, and what's crazier is that it works so well! Instead of tons of repetition to memorize verses, just write it on your hand / arm. But don't write all of it: only write the first letter of every word in the verse. Trust me, it works. Try it out! The best thing is, it looks like complete gibberish, so people might ask you about it ;). If you see me places, I'll probably have letters scribbled all over my hand, haha!


2. Ellie Holcomb: "He Will"


The music video is here. Ellie Holcomb is an amazing artist, I absolutely love her voice! I've started working on my guitar again because I fell in love with this song.


3. Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies


These are incredible...they don't really fall under the category of "healthy" at all...but they're so easy and so, so good! Give them a try and let me know what you think! Sally's Baking Addiction.


4. Enjoying September


I've had extremely severe allergies for as long as I can remember during ragweed season, and I've had to avoid stepping outside at all for several days. Thankfully, I got some new medicine and so I've been crazy excited to be outside in the September breeze! It's felt like the beach this week, warm, but breezy and slightly humid. I've loved going for runs, talking with a friend on the phone while sitting on the porch step, watching the sunset, doing cookouts, all of it. If you need to find something to do or are feeling down...trust me, September will make you feel better! One beautiful night, my family and I were all at some friends' house, and it was amazing to be out in the country while the sun went down, and listen to the wind in the corn and the crickets start chirping near sundown. 


5. Black Jeans


JCPenney had a sale a while back, and I was able to get these jeans for about $20. They're what I'm wearing 80% of the time, haha! I'm keeping an eye out for some good black overalls...they get pricey, but maybe soon...




6. Madewell Bandana


Bought this off of Nordstrom a few weeks ago, and I officially LOVE bandanas! It can tie on my backpack strap, be a cute hair tie or headband, and I also like to tie it like an ascot. I got one in Tropical Coral...it's my favorite accessory right now. Here it is, and right now it's only $12.50.




7. Cute & Less Expensive Backpack


Amazon had some great picks on backpacks, and I needed one for co-op. Here. Mine's the cream, navy, and red combo. So far it's held up super well, especially for the price!


So there you are, some recent favorites. I hope you guys have a great week!! Let me know if you try anything out, I'd love to hear what you thought :).


                                             









"This is what God the Lord says - the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out, who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it." (Isaiah 42:5 NIV)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Random thoughts and things and articles and tricks can be so fun to comb through.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? :)

Copyright @ Spiritsong. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign