Pages

Monday, August 19, 2019

Six Things & A Simple Night



Hello hello!! 

Ever since I started blogging in 2016, I'd been trying to find a good template that really fit what I wanted my blog to be, and I finally found it :). Spiritsong now has a home!


Sadly, I couldn't get my older posts converted since I also had to change blogging services, but you can find them all on thespiritsong.wordpress.com. Thank you all so much for the support and sweet comments you've left me over the past several years, I'm forever grateful! 

It's still summer, but even through the heat waves, you can tell fall's coming. The grass is drier (and a little browner), and we even have a neighbor whose tree is losing leaves already! I can't wait for fall, it's been my favorite season for as long as I can remember. 

So to kick things off, I thought I'd share some of the top things I'm looking forward to in fall 2019! 

1. Sweaters + jeans

I love summer clothes, but even in the heat I'd sometimes find myself wearing jeans and jackets. They're just so fun! Oversized sweaters you can wear anywhere, and I'm pretty sure 90% of my pants are jeans, haha! 

2. School

Yep, that would be a homeschool kid talking...but really, like my whole family, I thrive on routines and am happiest checking all my planner boxes off. We'll be heading back to co-op again, and I'm so excited to get started on my classes! Check back halfway through November, and I'm pretty sure I'll be dying for Christmas break, but right now, I'm counting down days :).

3. Friends 

This summer has been absolutely crazy, and there's no way we could have fit anything else in if we had wanted to, but it'll be great to get to see friends on a regular basis through co-op again. So many incredibly amazing people there :).

4. Cool weather

We're definitely NOT talking cold. I have never loved snow, and summer is a super close second when it comes to favorite seasons, but cool fall weather honestly steals my heart! Like I'm one hundred per cent positive that as soon as we get our first truly fall day, with wind and leaves and blue skies, I'll remind my mom how gorgeous it is outside every other minute! 

5. Football Season!

So many family traditions revolving around football! Saturdays are slated for months out :). There's ALWAYS caramel corn, ranch crackers, and so many great memories in the living room during games. Wouldn't be fall without football!

6. The unexpected

Schedules are full. Mostly school, church, pretty regular things. But I'm looking forward to seeing all the surprises God has in store. It's important to leave time for Him to work, to see the people He wants you to meet, the little moments He plans for you to enjoy. That's why we're called to be still now and then. He's got so much planned for these next several months. Can't wait to see Him work. 

The pictures are from a night my family and I spent together, playing corn hole and eating marshmallows and hot dogs. When I think back on this summer, the few nights we did this stick out as a few of my favorite evenings in the whole season. So much beauty can be found in just the simple moments of life, especially when you're looking for it.






1 comment:

  1. Abigail, I love this blog!!! I am with you, as fall is my favorite season as well. Love your pics, you certainly captured the “simple moments of life”! Looking forward to some great reading and fresh insight the Lord gives you! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? :)

Copyright @ Spiritsong. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign